Develop your players’ ability to recognise and exploit opportunities to counter-attack from turned over possession. By driving into tackle tubes, the attackers are disorientated momentarily. They then have to recover to play what’s in front of them. MORE
Run past defenders
U7 MINI-TAG | ATTACKING 3
- Divide your players into teams of four and put each team behind a line of cones.
- Each player should hold a ball in two hands.
- When you say “go”, the front players race to the other end of the lines making sure they swerve in and out of the cones as they go. They should use pretend moves and dodges to change direction.
- Repeat for the next players in each team and so on.
- Develop by making players stand by some of the cones so that the runners have to use pretend moves and dodges to avoid them. Rotate players so that they take turns on the cones.
What you say
“Use pretend moves and dodges to change direction”
How many players do I need
You can run this game with as many teams of four as you like – just remember to space the teams at least 3m apart.