“An attacker picks up a rolling ball under pressure and then decides whether to pass or run to keep the play going forward.” MORE
Quick Coach: Back to front 2v1s
“The supporting player starts in front of the ball carrier, while the defender has his back to the attack. When you shout play, with the supporting player walking forward and the defender out of position, the players will have to think quickly to come up with winning solutions.”
A 10m square and ball.
HOW TO PLAY
- Put a ball carrier at one end of the box, with another attacker about 5m to the side.
- Put a defender at the other end with their back to the ball carrier.
- When you say “Walk”, the non-ball carrier walks slowly forward, while the defender moves sideways along their end of the box.
- When you shout “play”, the attackers aim to score at the far end, while the defender turns and aims to touch tackle the ball carrier.
- There are no forward passes allowed, so the non-ball carrier will have to realign in some way relative to the ball carrier.
- Adjust the starting points for the attackers and defender.
- Have the non-ball carrier start from the middle of the box, but walking back towards the attacker.
- Allow kicking.
With five players, create a three v two, with the two non-ball carriers walking forward.