Women's Rugby Coaching magazine editor, Jess Bunyard, goes to the very top of the English game to chat with Simon Middleton and Amy Turner. MORE
Si Nainby’s Deep Dive with guest Paul Hodgson
Si Nainby delivers a two-part podcast, with former England 9, pro-team coach and now a director of sport, Paul Hodgson
1. The commute. 30 minutes with Paul to pull out some coaching takeaways.
2. The deep dive. In depth conversations around personalities and realities of playing and coaching.
Paul is Director of Sport at Cranmore School in Surrey and a former England international 9. He has coached at London Irish Academy and was most recently their first team attack coach.
In this podcast, Paul shares stories and experiences from his playing, coaching and teaching careers. We chat about:
- Paul’s lessons from pro-sport that he now uses to develop young players.
- Formative experiences at Bristol with Jack Rowell, Agustin Pichot and Felipe Contepomi
- Lessons on work ethic and building a fitness base from Mike Catt and Jonny Wilkinson.
- The importance of good communication and relationships with players, especially around selection.
- Working with the elemental force that is Brendan Venter.