Women's Rugby Coaching magazine editor, Jess Bunyard, goes to the very top of the English game to chat with Simon Middleton and Amy Turner. MORE
Si Nainby’s Deep Dive with guest Andre Quinn
Si Nainby delivers a two-part podcast with Andre Quinn. He is Head of Athletic Performance at Cavan GAA. He was previously a strength and conditioning coach at London Irish and sports scientist at Harlequins.
1. The commute. 30 minutes with Andre to pull out some coaching takeaways.
2. The deep dive. In-depth conversations around personalities and realities of playing and coaching.
In the podcast, the following areas are discussed:
- Where Andre’s curiosity for improving performance came from
- How the day-to-day training in a Premiership club is set up and why
- Training considerations for amateur clubs
- How the team coped unexpectedly well with a huge increase in workload demanded by a new head coach
- Brendan Venter’s approach to motivation and the organisation of training at London Irish Andre’s experiences of dealing with cancer and how he approached his treatment