Dan chats with Jeff Neville, the host of The Loose Head podcast. Jeff has gathered an amazing array of some of the top coaches in the game and chat with them about their approaches. Now it is time to find out what he has learned and ask him the questions. We focus on three pods in particular: Andy Friend, Ben Ryan and Pat Lam. MORE
Which player am I picking on?
Dan chats with Dave Ellis, who has coached Super Rugby with the Blues, at Connacht with Pam Lam, as well as working with New Zealand rugby as a resource coach.
With all these years in the game and a passion for skills coaching, Dave talks around the following themes:
- What young coaches often struggle with
- How to know your players
- Helping players understand the “why” and how important that is
- How to develop skills, from detail through to the scenarios
- What Sonny Bill Williams said to Dave which changed the way he coached
- How to keep square with your body angle
- Coaching strike plays
- Finding the right balance to develop skill detail
To find out more about Dave and his latest courses, visit https://www.ellisrugby.co.nz