Dan catches up with Nick Elbourne and Tony Wilkinson, who are their club's respective club coaching coordinator and junior chair. With the start of this season creating more than the usual challenges for organisations and their management, we explore some of the main issues they are facing and how they are going to deal with them. MORE
Top coaching tips for all levels: Wilko, Goose and Ian spill the beans
Dan Cottrell invites Nick Wilkinson, Nathan Gosling and Ian Hollingworth to discuss their latest thinking around coaching in the current climate.
They bounce ideas off each other, share what works and what needs to be adjusted. It’s all about practical ways to improve your team, at all levels of the game. Be ready for some coaching gold and innovative nuggets to take onto the training field today.
- Breakdown work: making more effective at Stage D
- Mixing skills zones into game zones
- Apply the Laws of the game in training
- Refereeing in training and in games
- Is it ever too early to introduce a game plan into training
- Swearing: what is permissible as a coach.