Dan chats to Kevin Mulcahey about his experiences coaching both novices and experts and how you need to change to meet their needs. MORE
Shots, systems & psych: Make all levels of player better defenders
Dan speaks to Bristol Bears defence coach, Omar Mouneimne.
Omar has coached with the Springbok 7s, the Sharks and Stomers Super Rugby teams, the Italian national team, Stade Francais, Edinburgh, Worcester Warriors as well as plenty of consultancy work.
He set up his coaching website, Whistle-2-Whistle during lockdown, which provides lots of defence coaching resources, plus support and growth leadership for coaches.
In the podcast Omar and Dan cover these topics:
- What do you look for when you first arrive at a new club
- How do change weak tacklers into great tacklers
- How do you energise players to become better defenders
- What are the key techniques good defenders need
- Why do you NOT coach low tackles for young players when the start their tackle journey
- What system do you use at the ruck
- How do you change players into skilful defenders who make better decisions
- Why shouldn’t use tackle tubes and ruck shields
- How do you balance contact time in training with keeping fresh for games