Dan Cottrell invites Nick Wilkinson, Nathan Gosling and Ian Hollingworth to discuss their latest thinking around coaching in the current climate. They bounce ideas off each other, share what works and what needs to be adjusted. It's all about practical ways to improve your team, at all levels of the game. Be ready for some coaching gold and innovative nuggets to take onto the training field today. MORE
RTP: Challenges for Age Grade Chairs and Club Coaching Coordinators
Dan catches up with Nick Elbourne and Tony Wilkinson, who are their club’s respective club coaching coordinator and junior chair.
With the start of this season creating more than the usual challenges for organisations and their management, we explore some of the main issues they are facing and how they are going to deal with them.
Nick is CCC at Wimborne RFC in Dorset, Tony Junior Chair at Scunthorpe RFC in North Lincolnshire.
Here are the main areas we discussed:
- How do you retain coaches and attract coaches to the youngest age groups?
- How do you support the coaches’ development?
- What are the challenges with training nights and Sunday training under the current Covid-19 regulations?
- With reduced subs and bar takings, what’s got to give in the budget?
- Where do you go for support now that the RFU has reduced its workforce?
- What’s changed for the better because of lockdown?
- What must we not forget when we return to training?
- What are you looking forward to when things are back and up running?