In Episode 72, Sam Larner raises some excellent points about how we as coaches of teams measure the success of elements within the game. His example is why do we continually kick to the corner from a penalty when our lineout may not be consistently good enough to make the most of this opportunity. This got me thinking about "resulting" which is discussed by Annie Duke in Episode 37 of The Knowledge Project podcast titled Getting Better by Being Wrong. Resulting is judging the result only on it's outcomes, not on the merits of the decision making processes by which you made it. MORE
Roundup Rodeo Ep11: Reviewing last week’s pick of the pods & webinars
Host Phil Llewellyn with guests Jess Bunyard, Maria Crowfoot and Anastacia Long review some of the many great podcasts and webinars from the last week.
The team pick out the key takeaways from each episode and how to use it on the pitch, at all the levels of the game.
The main three reviews are:
- England Rugby – Race, Rugby and the Women’s Game
- UK Sport – Curious Coaches Club: Coaching Mavericks
- The Magic Academy – IDP with Aiden McNulty
- UK Coaching – Curious Coaches Club; What does a debrief look like?
- The SwanCast – David Sharkey talking Swan Lake, Rockets and Irish Rebel
- Lessons In Leadership and Learning – George Ross Episode 2 out Monday 6th
Link here to Episode 1 – https://www.buzzsprout.com/1180421/4362422