Host Phil Llewellyn with guests review some of the many great podcasts, books, articles and webinars from the last week. This week's guests: Laurence Halsted, former GB Olympic Fencer, former Performance Director for Danish Fencing and currently Director of Mentoring at the True Athlete Project. Dr Jon Rhodes, founding member of Imagery Coaching and lecturer at the University of Plymouth and Richard Cheetham, Senior fellow in Sports Coaching at the University of Winchester and coach developer with a variety of sports. MORE
Roundup Rodeo Ep73: Reviewing the best content
Host Phil Llewellyn with guests review some of the many great podcasts, books, articles and webinars from the last week.
This week’s guests: Carl Woods, senior research fellow in skill acquisition at Victoria University and Ben Franks, lecturer in applied coaching science at Oxford Brookes University, coach analyst with Gillingham Women’s Football club.
THIS WEEK’S CONTENT
SUGGESTED CONTENT/WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Inverting the Pyramid – Jonathan Wilson
- How Shall Affordances Be Refined?: Four Perspectives: A Special Issue of Ecological Psychology– Keith Jones
- Wayfinding: How Ecological Perspectives of Navigating Dynamic Environments Can Enrich Our Understanding of the Learner and the Learning Process in Sport – Woods, Rudd, Robertson & Davids (2020)
- Considerations for Coaching Female Football Players: A Brief Review and Implications for Practice – Franks, Pitchers & Prosser (2021)
- An investigation of high-performance team sport coaches’ planning practices – Kinnerk, Kearney, Harvey & Lyons (2021)
FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Empowering the athlete: The coach-athlete partnership – Professor Sophia Jowett
- Podium Psychology: How Negative Emotion Helps You To Perform At Your Best – Hugh Gilmore