Host Phil Llewellyn with guests review some of the many great podcasts, books, articles and webinars from the last week. This week's guests: Lesley McKenna, Coach Developer for UK Sport and Sport Scotland as well Programme Manager for GB Snowsports (@LesleyMckenna) and Sarah Murray, Performance Psychologist and owner of Performance Edge Psychology (@Sarahsportpsych). MORE
Roundup Rodeo Ep39: Reviewing the best content
Host Phil Llewellyn with guests review some of the many great podcasts, books, articles and webinars from the last week.
This week’s guests:
Elliott Newell, Sports Psychologist with the English Institute of Sport, Hugh Gilmore, Sports Psychologist with British Weightlifting and British Athletics, co-host of the Eighty Percent Mental Podcast and Dr Pete Olusoga, senior lecturer in Psychology at Sheffield Hallam University and co-host of the Eighty Percent Mental Podcast
The team pick out the key takeaways from each piece of great content and say how to use it on the pitch, at all the levels of the game.
This week’s content:
- Principled Curriculum Design – William, 2013
- When Change Orientated Feedback Enhances Motivation, Well-being and Performance – Carpentier & Mageau, 2012
- Losers – Netflix
SUGGESTED CONTENT/WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Eighty Percent Mental Podcast – Pete Olusoga
- Last Chance U – Netflix
- The Good Ancestor: How to Think Long Term in a Short-Term World – Roman Krznaric
- The Highs and the Lows—Exploring the Nature of Optimally Impactful Development Experiences on the Talent Pathway – Taylor & Collins, 2020