Host Phil Llewellyn with guests review some of the many great podcasts, books, articles and webinars from the last week. This week's guests: Dr Amy Whitehead, Reader, Associate Professor, Lecturer and Researcher in Sports Psychology at Liverpool John Moores University and Coaching and Chris Chapman, UK Coaching as Learning Experience Manager and Rugby Coach MORE
Roundup Rodeo Ep21: Reviewing the best content
Host Phil Llewellyn with guests review some of the many great podcasts, books, articles and webinars from the last week.
This week’s guests:
Peter Walton, Gloucester Rugby Academy Manager, Magic Academy founders’ Russell Earnshaw and John Fletcher.
The team pick out the key takeaways from each piece of great content and say how to use it on the pitch, at all the levels of the game.
This week’s content:
- Winners Take Control – Robin Van Persie
- Champion Minded – Vicky Williamson
- Praise and Affirmation. A deep dive – Professor Stephen Rolnick
- The High Performance Podcast with Jake Humphrey and Damian Hughes – Jonny Wilkinson
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Feel Better, Live More – The secret to making new habits stick – BJ Fogg
- Brain Booster – Karl Morris
- The Knowledge Project – Learning How to Learn – Barbara Oakley
- The Eddie Jones Coaching Podcast – Joe Roff
- The Coaching Discourse – Leadership and Culture – with Guy Richardson, Elliott Newell and Dr Simon Phelan
- The Sports Psych Show – Helping Players Improve Game Understanding – with Amy Price
- The Swan Cast – Rugby Gives you Confidence – Jimmy Lowes
The Coaching Discourse – Two Beer Minimum Review of Episode 1 – with Derek O’Riordan, Dr Anna Stodter, Laurie MacDonald, Chris Stott and some bloke called Phil Llewellyn (shameless plus, apologies)
If you haven’t done so already please assist Dr Anna Stodter with part of her academic research:
Research Survey – Analysing the professional development activities of Sports Coaches’ during the COVID-19 pandemic– Dr Anna Stodter and Dr Simon Phelan