Host Phil Llewellyn with guests review some of the many great podcasts, books, articles and webinars from the last week. This week's guests: Andrew Wilesmith, Chair of Rugby Development with England Schools RFU, John Fletcher, Magic Academy founder, coach and mentor and Russell Earnshaw, Magic Academy founder, coach and mentor. MORE
Roundup Rodeo Ep47: Reviewing the best content
Host Phil Llewellyn with guests review some of the many great podcasts, books, articles and webinars from the last week.
This week’s guests: Cath Bishop, Olympic rower, silver medallist, author of The Long Win, Rachel Hooper learning, education and development manager for British Rowing, former coaching education advisor for UK Coaching and Katelynn Slade, PhD student at Loughborough University with a research focus on challenging situations in the coach athlete relationship.
The team pick out the key takeaways from each piece of great content and say how to use it on the pitch, at all the levels of the game.
This week’s content:
- “I know what is it like to be at rock bottom”, Shanaze Reade – Rouleur
- The Happiness Advantage – Shawn Achor – Tedx
- Care in Sport Coaching: Pedagogical Cases – Colum Cronin
SUGGESTED CONTENT/WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- The Long Win – Cath Bishop
- Don’t Tell Me The Score – Simon Mundie
- Think Again ‘The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know’ – Adam Grant
- Sports Stories – Dave Levine
- Last Chance U – Netflix
- Athletic Development ‘A Psychological Perspective’ – Caroline Heaney, Nichola Kentzer and Ben Oakley
- The Shortest Guide to Dealing with Emotions – Stephen Hayes
- Why Coach Wellbeing Matters – MVMT
Call for research participants from Katelynn Slade – Any high performance athletes with experiences of dealing with de-selection please get in touch with Katelynn at K.Slade@lboro.ac.uk