Dan Cottrell invites Nick Wilkinson, Nathan Gosling and Ian Hollingworth to discuss their latest thinking around coaching in the current climate. They bounce ideas off each other, share what works and what needs to be adjusted. It's all about practical ways to improve your team, at all levels of the game. Be ready for some coaching gold and innovative nuggets to take onto the training field today. MORE
Return To Play: Practical approaches to coaching
Dan Cottrell speaks to Jess Bunyard, Andy Stevens and Jamie Green about their approaches to Return to Play.
Jess is director of women and girls rugby and RDO at Huddersfield YMCA RFC. Andy is chair of mini and juniors at Ellingham and Ringwood RFC. Jamie is director of rugby at Royston RFC. They all coach across a wide range of age groups.
I asked them the following questions:
- What’s exciting you most about returning to coach, not just RTP?
- What are the main challenges for your players in RTP…and your solutions?
- Should we be concerned about potential modifications to the game on our RTP?
- We hope we have become leaner coaches with all this time to reflect. What have you cut from your coaching diet and what’s replaced it?
- Return to contact…what does this look like for your teams?
- What do you think rugby will look like come September…
Three links mentioned in the podcast: