Dan Cottrell speaks to Jess Bunyard, Andy Stevens and Jamie Green about their approaches to Return to Play. Jess is director of women and girls rugby and RDO at Huddersfield YMCA RFC. Andy is chair of mini and juniors at Ellingham and Ringwood RFC. Jamie is director of rugby at Royston RFC. They all coach across a wide range of age groups. MORE
Paying players, academies, half a game rule and return to play
In discussion with Chris Morgan, director of sport at Tonbridge School in Kent, we talk about:
- Why paying players brings challenges, for players and coaches.
- The consequences in the long term of paying players at lower levels of the game.
- How schools and academies can work together.
- What might make the academy process more efficient.
- The Half-a-game rule and the experience of schools.
- How to return to play and what sessions might look like.
Chris was head of cricket at Reigate Grammar before moving to Tonbridge. He then ran the rugby at Tonbridge for eight years, including success in the Champions Trophy and Rosslyn Park Sevens.