Liza Bird Burgess and LJ Lewis discuss a round of questions about the practicalities of the game. In this episode, they are with Loughborough BUCS women's coach, Maria Crowfoot. MORE
How to score from anywhere
Jersey Reds attack coach, Ed Robinson, talks about his coaching role in the 2018 Sky Sports Rugby try of the year.
I was delighted to catch up with Ed Robinson, attack coach with the Jersey Reds. His team had just served up a fantastic try in the English second tier competition.
Jump to 1:09 to see the try, but the highlights overall are pretty good too!
I spoke to him to find out some of the background behind the try. And I found myself immersed in a great journey and really challenged to rethink some of my own thoughts.
In this insightful podcast find out:
- Why big life decisions don’t need to be risks
- How players can make 500-1000 touches on the ball every day
- Challenging the players so they become rugby players making rugby decisions
- The surprising background to the 2018 Sky Sports try of the year
- What training might look like to create tries from your own line
- How to analyse in game without the need for video
- Planning for dreams
- What makes better players even better player
- Why I might need to rethink my views on age and coaching the basics