Use a touch game to work on good ball placement skills and support play at the breakdown. MORE
Hot rucks game walkthrough
In our series of session walkthroughs, Chris Sweetapple discusses with a game he renamed “hot rucks”, which was a development of the Rugby Coach Weekly game, Snap-back ruck game.
We start by chatting about the season review process, including his club’s “speed-dating” session to improve each team’s understanding of the coming season.
In the walkthrough, we discuss:
- How to set up the game.
- Key factors for quick games.
- How to coach effectively during the game.
- How you would change the game for different levels of player.
- Why he renamed the game “hot rucks”
- What were the main outcomes and how this made a difference to the season.
- What ages this game would work for