Alan Dymock is Features Editor of Rugby World Magazine. He specialises in long-reads and detailed studies, as well as stories of far-flung events and quirky characters. In this Deep Dive, we discuss Alan's features on pain killer and performance-enhancing drug use in rugby. MORE
Si Nainby’s Deep Dive with Jamie Taylor (again!)
Jamie Taylor PhD is the former head of Academy at Leicester Tigers and now working with Grey Matters as a Senior Coach Developer and the English Institute of Sport as the coaching and curriculum lead. He is a coach, coach developer and researcher in coaching science with a particular focus on talent development.
In this podcast, we follow up with Jamie to take an even deeper dive into teaching, learning and decision making.
- Is coaching teaching?
- Can classroom research transfer to sports coaching?
- Which pedagogical principles can help coaches plan and deliver sessions
- Why a coach needs to be much more than an environmental designer
- The role of cognition in learning
- How coaches can use professional judgement and decision making to decide which principles and methods to use and when
- What factors does it depend on when we say “it depends”
Robert Bjork Desirable Difficulties:
Implementing the Five-A Model of Technical Refinement: Key Roles of the Sport Psychologist:
Professional Judgement and Decision Making in Sport
Coaching: To Jump Or Not To Jump: