Liza “Bird” Burgess and LJ Lewis discuss a round of questions about the practicalities of the game. In this episode, they are with Kim Oliver. Kim is currently in her fourth season as head coach at Premiership team Bristol Women's team. She won 43 caps for England as a centre, worked as a community coach with Bath, spent two years in Gibraltar as a rugby development officer. MORE
Coaching Laid Bare Episode Seven with Tania Rosser
Liza “Bird” Burgess and LJ Lewis discuss a round of questions about the practicalities of the game. In this episode, they are with Tania Rosser.
Tania won more than 50 caps for Ireland, is a level 4 coach, plus played international netball and touch rugby. New Zealand born, she featured in three world cups for Ireland. She currently coaches the Clontarf J1 men’s team, balancing that with a full-time job working as a primary school teacher.
- Having played and coached representative sport in netball, touch rugby and rugby union, what benefits has this experience across a range of sports provided you with when coaching rugby?
- How important is it for coaches to keep updated with developments in other sports?
- Drills v games: the best balance when coaching.
- Playbooks: what are the pros and cons.
- How do you manage motivation when working with players?