Young players tend to crowd around the ball, but this honeypot effect can mean your team doesn’t exploit space elsewhere. Embrace their enthusiasm and still develop some shape to your attack. MORE
A manic game which tests agility, passing, speed and awareness.
- Have four attackers bunched in a circle around the tomb raider
- The attackers move the ball around the circle
- The tomb raider shouts a colour cone
- The attackers race to that cone
- In the meantime, the tomb raider needs to pick up all the remaining cones
- The attackers aim to get to the opposite side to the cone they’ve run to. Each player must pass the ball once each
- Once the tomb raider has all the cones in his possession he tries to touch the ball carrier
The attackers have to realign and pass while the tomb raider needs to collect the treasure and stop the attackers.
A 7m box, though the dimensions change to suit your players. A ball and four different coloured cones.
HOW TO DO IT
- Put the tomb raider in the middle of four attackers bunch in the middle of the box. The attackers pass a ball between them.
- The tomb raider shouts a coloured cone. The attackers race to that cone, turn and aim to score at the opposite side to the coloured cone.
- To score, the attackers must each pass the ball once and not be touched by the tomb raider when the raider has all three cones.
- Once the tomb raider shouts a colour, they race to pick up all three of the other cones. When they have all three, they can try to touch the ball carrier.
- Have fun.
- Adjust the size of the box, number of cones to be collected, the number of attackers and even the number of tomb raiders.