Your side will have its fair share of stars, good players and not-so-good. Keep all the players involved and happy, and make each one feel they are a world-beater. MORE
It’s not about the win, it’s about the why
Keri Lovell, a WRU hub officer, head coach with Vale U15s in the Dewar Shield and working across local schools, describes how he changed his approach to coaching.
He tells us how he made a big adjustment after chatting to Russell Earnshaw, and discovered how much more comfortable he could be dealing with the balance between winning and performance.
In the podcast we find out:
- How he connects with players
- What he does to give them more confidence
- How he adjusts games in training to develop players
- What he has changed, and continues to change
- The importance of mentors
- Creating excitement around the game and improvements