When you are speaking to the players during the sessions, you will be doing one of the following: Praising their performance. Providing feedback on where they can improve. Challenging them to engage, through questions. MORE
10 things I need to know before I plan my training
Before you start to plan your training for your first session, you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- Where is training held?
- What time is training held?
- How many players am I expecting?
- How many other coaches am I working with?
- What equipment do I need?
- What equipment do I have already?
- Who looks after first aid?
- When is the next match?
- How long is the training session?
- Who is in charge the ground (to check if weather prevents training)
Write this information out before you start planning, and have it in your pocket when you arrive for training.
Click on the link below for a printable checklist to use.