Players work on their passing accuracy and then straight into a 2 v 1. The quick change should focus the players on working hard at executing their skills well. To improve passing, develop technique and then put it under pressure. This activity does both in a very short space of time. MORE
Snake footwork races
Develop your players’ go-forward skills with evasion in this competitive scenario. It’s easy to set up and you can add lots of variations.
Even though some of the players will “cheat” by not exactly stepping to the side of the cones, their swerves and go-forward will help them replicate these skills in a match situation.
- Put pairs of players in front of a line of cones.
- The front player has a ball. When you say go the front player runs in and out through the cones.
- He then turns, waits for your command, and then does the same back.
- He then gives the ball to a waiting player, who waits for your command to go.
- After they have done it several times, make it a race.
- You can start the players in different positions, like on their knees, backs, facing away or with the ball just in front of them.
- Develop by having the player behind chase the front player with both players going in and out of the cones.
- Again give them different starting positions.
- Finally, have a feeder pass the runner the ball.
- Hold the ball in two hands. Develop by changing from one hand to two hands to one hand.
- Go forward as well as moving stepping in and out of the cones.