“The supporting player starts in front of the ball carrier, while the defender has his back to the attack. When you shout play, with the supporting player walking forward and the defender out of position, the players will have to think quickly to come up with winning solutions.” MORE
Return to play Level Devils
Use this passing, defence and decision-making game to challenge players to improve their accuracy, communication under game-like pressure. There are incentives for both the attackers and defenders to “win” their side of the game.
- Put two defenders inside the box. For social distancing purposes, they should use a foam noodle. If you don’t have noodles, they could also carry a bib in two hands.
- Put three attackers outside the box. They aim to score inside the box without being touched.
- The attackers have five tags (lives) in which to score. Each time they reach a target for that level inside the time limit, you reset the game and they try for the next target.
- The attackers cannot pass through the box. They pass around the edges.
- If they fail to reach the target, then you rotate defenders and attackers.
- Level 1 is two tries in a minute. Add a try for each level. Attackers aim to reach Level 5 (6 tries in a minute).
- For younger or less experienced players, have just one defender. However, don’t allow passes through the box. You are working on attackers movement and passing accuracy.
- Defenders: Stay connected with communication.
- Attackers: Aim to create two-sided support for the ball carrier. Follow the pass.