Winning rugby isn’t just about having better skills or perfect moves. It’s also about being motivated and prepared mentally.
Motivating Your Team highlights ways, some simple and some more complex, which you can adopt to improve your teams mental game and get the most out of your training sessions.
Packed into its 61 pages, motivating contains valuable expert insight from coaches, players and sports psychologists, including:
- Frank Hadden, former Scotland head coach
- Mike Ruddock, Grand Slam winner coach with Wales and now coach of Lansdowne FC.
- Peter Tann, a qualified rugby coach and sports psychologist based in the UK.
Divided into four main areas, Motivating Your Team looks at the strategies and techniques you can adopt today:
- Improving your performance, your effectiveness and adding value to your training sessions.
- Enhancing your players’ skills through focused training, to improve techniques through pressure situations.
- Team building to motivate players to perform as a group.
- Creating confident and motivated players, to directly affect your team’s performance come match day.