Coaching rugby to young children can be a real challenge. You have to keep things fun or they will lose interest. That’s what makes Fun Mini Rugby Games for 5- 8 year olds such a useful resource for you.
Fun Mini Rugby Games is written by Colin Ireland. Colin is a qualified Physical Education teacher and rugby coach, and an approved coach educator with IRB Trainer, and SQA Assessor and Verifier licences.
After 30 years of teaching and coaching youngsters, Colin has put together some of his favourite training games in this new manual. The games:
- Will help you teach basic rugby skills to children aged 5 to 8 years old
- Are ideal for experienced and novice teachers and coaches
- Are easy to set up, understand and play
- Require little or no equipment
- Will keep the children active
- Will educate and promote teamwork
- Are progressive, so you can develop the children’s knowledge
- Offer great variety
- Are outcome focused, with objectives to achieve with your players
- Are energetic – the games are a “sneaky” way of introducing fitness
- Will encourage the players to try out things to find out what works
- Will let the children have fun, to keep them coming back, week-after-week.