Rhys Davies is an Academy Coach Development Officer at London Irish, as well as head coach with HAC mens team in London and Berkshire Ladies. He has taken social media by storm with his great resources around being more effective as a coach when using different games. In this podcast, we develop his themes around challenges, effective coaching and how to manage training to give players a fantastic game experience. MORE
Video analysis: loads of great ways for you to get more from your footage
Mark is head coach of Scottish Premiership one club, the Currie Chieftains. He is also co-founder of Coach Logic, a collaborative video analysis platform for sports. Their mantra is to #connectthegame through video.
In this pod we talk about the how video analysis can be used positively by coaches, recognising that it can come with some health warnings and pitfalls.
Here are some of the areas we cover:
- From a novice coach’s point of view, where do you start when you look at footage
- What is meant by “priming” the player through video
- Filming effectively with your phone
- Examples of how we can watch back footage more effectively
- Questions around players who are “off the ball”
- Effectively communicate our findings
- How to avoid too many “targets”
- Positive outcomes which makes players who want to be on film
- Ways to keep all the different positions involved, even if they have less “ball time” than others.
- How to use video of yourself to improve your own coaching
Due to the extraordinary circumstances that face clubs, Coach Logic are offering their platform free to coaches for the next three months (’til June 2020).
For more on Coach Logic, click here.