Shuffling and cross-over steps are essential skills for a defender to react to a change of direction of an attacker. Work on these in the development of your players’ tackling progression. MORE
Smashing defence training with energy and purpose
Katleho Lynch is a South Africa U17s elite development coach. His passionate about defence training U18s teams at schools, plus working with provinces, clubs and universities.
He has learned his trade from all parts of the rugby world and brings his energy and purpose into his sessions.
In this podcast, he outlines:
- The key techniques he looks for
- How he builds techniques into skills
- Ways in which you can make tackling more gamelike
- How he drives his players to higher standards
- What systems suit what situations