Rich Clarke, a highly qualified S&C coach, university lecturer and evidence-based trainer, talks us through how we can make simple changes to improve our agility training. He explains how we can use constraints, ensure a specific stimulus and where we might start with less athletic players. MORE
A science-based approach to better and safer tackling
In this podcast, top rugby scientist Dr Sharief Hendricks outlines his research team’s findings on tackling.
He says that, through in-depth video analysis, they have found:
- The key attributes to a safe and effective tackle.
- A step-by-step method of coaching that tackle.
He tell us that:
- The best tackles are both powerful and safe.
- That technical understanding by coaches is the biggest barrier to progression.
- Tackle pads have a limited role to play in tackle progression.
- That you can improve tackling with the right conditioning.
You can read more about his work at:
And follow him on Twitter