Dale Sidebottom is a leading motivational instructor and coach educator who works across sport and business. He has inspired plenty of other coach educators to create better environments to maximise learning. In this bumper podcast he shares his methods and some of the best ways to make a real difference in coaching. MORE
A science-based approach to better and safer tackling
In this podcast, top rugby scientist Dr Sharief Hendricks outlines his research team’s findings on tackling.
He says that, through in-depth video analysis, they have found:
- The key attributes to a safe and effective tackle.
- A step-by-step method of coaching that tackle.
He tell us that:
- The best tackles are both powerful and safe.
- That technical understanding by coaches is the biggest barrier to progression.
- Tackle pads have a limited role to play in tackle progression.
- That you can improve tackling with the right conditioning.
You can read more about his work at:
And follow him on Twitter