Wilbur Kraak, a senior lecturer and rugby researcher at Department of Sport Science, Stellenbosch University, South Africa, has recently published his findings on the effects of a skills specific coaching education programme on the skill level of mini-rugby players. Working with Jacques Basson, their conclusions shed further light on what good practice design looks like... MORE
Make average agility training outstanding
Rich Clarke, a highly qualified S&C coach, university lecturer and evidence-based trainer, talks us through how we can make simple changes to improve our agility training. He explains how we can use constraints, ensure a specific stimulus and where we might start with less athletic players.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Agility needs a specific perceptual stimulus
- Where to start with less athletic players
- How to coach basic techniques with simple constraints
- Having a clear rationale in session design
- Ladders, Box jumps and Hill running: Yes or No?
For more from Rich, go to: