Liza "Bird" Burgess was inducted into the World Rugby Hall of Fame in 2018. With 93 caps for Wales and GB, she's also an experienced international and club coach. Now assisting Susie Appleby at Gloucester-Hartbury in the Tyrrells English Premiership, she shares her approach to coaching, what inspires her and how she's changed her delivery. These are exciting times for the women's game as more women take up the coaching reigns - it was great to catch with a good friend and a beacon for the game. MORE
How to score from anywhere
Jersey Reds attack coach, Ed Robinson, talks about his coaching role in the 2018 Sky Sports Rugby try of the year.
I was delighted to catch up with Ed Robinson, attack coach with the Jersey Reds. His team had just served up a fantastic try in the English second tier competition.
Jump to 1:09 to see the try, but the highlights overall are pretty good too!
I spoke to him to find out some of the background behind the try. And I found myself immersed in a great journey and really challenged to rethink some of my own thoughts.
In this insightful podcast find out:
- Why big life decisions don’t need to be risks
- How players can make 500-1000 touches on the ball every day
- Challenging the players so they become rugby players making rugby decisions
- The surprising background to the 2018 Sky Sports try of the year
- What training might look like to create tries from your own line
- How to analyse in game without the need for video
- Planning for dreams
- What makes better players even better player
- Why I might need to rethink my views on age and coaching the basics