Even if your season has still some time to run with cups, play-offs, fixture catch-ups and tournaments, those last few weeks can fly past. Be organised to set yourself up for next season. 1 REFLECT YOUR SQUAD AGAINST DEVELOPMENT TARGETS Junior sections may have a club expectation or suggestion as to what players at each... MORE
How to use video analysis for training design and player learning
Geraint Davies, who coaches level 5 men’s club rugby and school teams from under 11 upwards, also publishes some of the best video analysis of top professional games on YouTube. He is currently just completing his level 4 coaching award.
Amongst his coaching roles, he has been head coach of Loughborough Students women’s team and Leicestershire U20s, Lead EPDG coach with Gloucester Rugby, plus attack coach at Gloucestershire U20s and Cinderford RFC.
In the podcast, Geraint explains…
- The benefits you and your teams get from reviewing video footage from top class games.
- How you translate what you see in the footage into training design.
- How you can vary your feedback on the footage to suit different age groups.
- Different ways to introduce a new technique or tactic.
- The right focus on when you are watching back videos.
- How can we watch our games in real time.