Rhys Davies is an Academy Coach Development Officer at London Irish, as well as head coach with HAC mens team in London and Berkshire Ladies. He has taken social media by storm with his great resources around being more effective as a coach when using different games. In this podcast, we develop his themes around challenges, effective coaching and how to manage training to give players a fantastic game experience. MORE
A vision for women’s game and coaching a men’s team
Sophie Spence, former Irish XV’s and 7’s rugby international player and now coach of Penclawdd Men’s Division 1 team, talks about her coaching journey as a converted netball player with Liza “Bird” Burgess.
Her passion, love and enthusiasm for the game shines through the podcast, along with her relentless drive to become a better coach.
In the pod, Bird and Sophie discuss:
- Moving late from netball to rugby, and how sports skills can transfer
- From international rugby player into coaching, women’s and men’s
- Moving the game into becoming professional
- Advice to aspiring coaches
- How to learn from listening to others, and being vulnerable
- Frustrations in developing the game
- Creating a girls rugby academy
- The differences between women’s and men’s rugby coaching
- Coaching a men’s team in Wales