We know what a challenge getting youngsters to listen can be. So how do you get them motivated and having fun? It starts with the warm-up, when you need to set the tempo for your session… MORE
Two rival gangs aim to get their “swag” to the end of the box without being captured by the other gang.
- The two “gangs” pass the ball to the end player
- The starting passer runs around the end cone and into the rival gang’s box to tag the ball carrier
- The end player enters the box and aims to score at the far end
- Allow the second receiver to support the ball carrier
- The ball carrier has the option to pass the ball backwards
Quick passing followed by good footwork in attack or defence
Cones and two balls.
HOW TO DO IT
- Line up two sets of three (or four) back to back, each with a ball at one end.
- When you say “go”, the players pass the ball along their line of players (no miss passes).
- When the end player receives the ball, they turn into the box and try to run to the other end without being tagged.
- Meanwhile the original ball carrier from the rival gang runs around the cone at the other end of the other gang’s box and races in to tag the rival gang’s ball carrier.
- Rotate after each go, keeping score.
- Have two players attack and one defend, so allow backwards passing.
- Make the players more spread out to start with.
- Have the second receiver act as the defender.
- Hands out to receive the pass.