Introduction to apply pressure as a principle of play
In the go forward, support and continuity e-learning courses, we said:
- Rugby is an invasion and evasion game.
- To score you first need to GAIN POSSESSION.
- Once in possession, you need to GO FORWARD. Invade the opposition space by evading their attempts to stop you.
- SUPPORT maintains possession before the tackle and helps move the ball into a position to go forward.
- To maintain possession after the tackle, we need to use CONTINUITY skills, to recycle the ball for the next play.
This module looks at how we combine these prciniples accurately and quick to build up pressure so we can eventually score.
Let’s move onto our first lesson…