A fast number 8 can be launched off the back of the scrum into the backline. Here’s how to exploit this. Place three tackle tubes in a T-Shape (or use cones or ruck pads). Have your number 8 (or any forward) stand at the bottom of the T with a defender on the right-hand side... MORE
Understand the need to pass once tagged
U7 MINI-TAG | ATTACKING 5
ACTIVITY: TAG CORRIDORS
- Put three attackers, one with a ball, at one end of the area. Put one defender inside the area at 5m and another at 10m.
- When you say “go”, the ball carrier runs forward aiming to score at the far end. The defenders aim to tag the ball carrier.
- When tagged, the ball carrier has to stop and pass to another attacker.
- When the attackers reach the far end, they turn and repeat, with a different attacker starting with the ball.
Laws of rugby
In tag rugby, a player…
Must pass within three strides or three seconds of being tagged.
What you say
“Pass the ball when you are tagged”
How many players do I need
This activity requires five players at a time, but you can have attackers and defenders lined up ready to take their turn.
You will need
- 1 Ball
- 8 Cones
- 1 Bib for each defender
- 1 Tag belt for each attacker