Sometimes, a play from a ruck finishes behind the original ruck. Help your players understand their roles and reactions to reset and attack again with this scenario activity. MORE
Take the pass as you move forward
U8 MINI-TAG | ATTACKING 5
ACTIVITY: SNAKES AND LADDERS
- Set up cones as shown. Put a group of four players in a line behind the starting cone. Player 1 starts with a ball.
- When you say “go”, player 1 runs to the first cone.
- When he gets to the first cone, he passes backwards to player 2 who runs on to the ball and continues on to the next coloured cone.
- Player 2 repeats with player 3 who repeats with player 4 who runs on to the try line.
- If the ball is dropped or the player does not run onto the pass, the pass is made again from the same cone – in other words, the players go back down the snake.
What you say
“Reach out to take the pass”
How many players do I need?
You need four players for this activity. With more players, set up more cones alongside and have teams of four racing each other.
You will need
- 1 ball
- 3 standard cones
- 3 pairs of different coloured cones