Here are some solutions and training methods to introduce your team to playing on a bigger pitch. MORE
Take the pass as you move forward
U8 MINI-TAG | ATTACKING 5
ACTIVITY: SNAKES AND LADDERS
- Set up cones as shown. Put a group of four players in a line behind the starting cone. Player 1 starts with a ball.
- When you say “go”, player 1 runs to the first cone.
- When he gets to the first cone, he passes backwards to player 2 who runs on to the ball and continues on to the next coloured cone.
- Player 2 repeats with player 3 who repeats with player 4 who runs on to the try line.
- If the ball is dropped or the player does not run onto the pass, the pass is made again from the same cone – in other words, the players go back down the snake.
What you say
“Reach out to take the pass”
How many players do I need?
You need four players for this activity. With more players, set up more cones alongside and have teams of four racing each other.
You will need
- 1 ball
- 3 standard cones
- 3 pairs of different coloured cones