Deliver better conditioned games
The conditioned games approach doesn’t work unless coaches are conditioned to deliver it well.
Here’s my expert guide to becoming a more skilful games coach.
At the end of this course you will have:
- A game designer template
- A key question handout
- A skills matrix for developing go forward and support
- A blank skills matrix
- A bonus point system handout
- Three examples of bonus point systems
- A principles of play handout
I am going to show you:
- The real reasons games work
- What questions you need to ask about the games you are playing
- How to change the game to enhance the players learning
- How to be become an expert, just like the experts learn themselves
I eventually became the National Player Development Manager and was the architect of the New Rules of Play for U7-U11 in England.
I am now with the Bristol Bears as their Junior Academy Manager
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
I am going to tell you a story of why a games-based approach to training was adopted by the Tag Rugby Trust.
Then we are going to consider the key questions around why you use games. If you don’t understand the reasons, the games just don’t give you the amazing outcomes you could achieve.
We will apply these questions to some games you might have seen before and show you all the possibilities.
Finally, we will put these games into the context of a season full of skills development. In other words, how you fit games into your team’s plan.
By the end, you will be able to design and run better conditioned games. You will also have some of my key planning tools ready to use.
Let’s start with that story.