Fault correction and praise: Handling
Improve your observation, feedback, intervention and practice design skills with this elearning course.
In this short course, you will:
- Improve your understanding of the technical side of catching and passing the ball, by using fault correction and praise.
- Expand your training activities, including a range of drills and games to allow your players to access these skills.
This is course is aimed at all coaches at all levels of the game.
Your players need to return to the basics frequently. You need to continually test them. If they are making errors, then you can correct them, either immediately, or with some remedial exercises.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
- You think about what good handling looks like. We help you confirm your thinking.
- You watch, ONCE, a handling exercise.
- You think about what you might praise. We help you confirm your thinking.
- You watch another clip, thinking what praise you might use and when. We help you confirm your thinking.
- You think about what fault correction you might want to use. Guess what…we help you confirm your thinking.
- You watch another clip, thinking about fault correction and we review it with you.
- We guide you to come with some further activities and games to intervene in the players’ development.
- We help you review the process, with key takeaways.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT
- Improving your on-the-spot observation, feedback and intervention skills.
- A better understanding of the fundamentals of handling and ideas for moving your own training to the next level.
Click on the first lesson to get started. [PS have a piece of paper and pen handy]