Though there are lots of elements to a good, strong, scrummaging position, keep it simple once you have established the principles, so your players have got a template to work towards every scrum. MORE
Parent & kid: Checking out the tower of power
Use this circuit to help a player test their body position over the ball. At each station, Tony (dad) checks Harry’s body position, Good warm up activity.
HOW TO PLAY
- Set out a circuit with balls or any object. The size of the circuit should suit the age of the player (and the size of the garden). This can also be done indoors.
- Kid runs to each station and sets up in a strong body position.
- Parent pushes from different angles to check stability before moving to the next station.
- Develop by having a call for which way to face. For example: “shed”, “rose bush”, “washing line”.
- Also, add in an exercise between the stations, which could include ball handling.
For more on the best techniques, look at: