Mastering this exercise will help players gain ultimate control of their pass. The key is to roll the ball off the hand so that the little finger and ring finger are the last two points of contact. By getting used to stepping and passing, and flicking the hand through at the end, players will build up the core skill of passing. They will also learn to do so from both sides. MORE
Parent & kid: Chair passing challenge
Improve the accuracy of passing. Trystan uses a chair as a target, giving himself points for different outcomes.
HOW TO PLAY
- Put a chair about 2-5m away from kid on their knees (perhaps kneeling on a cushion).
- Kid passes a number of balls at the chair, with points accumulating for hitting the chair or going through the gap.
- Going through the gap is the best pass because it will flatter and stronger.
- Five goes facing one way, five facing the other.
- Challenge kid behind making them twist a bit more, with the chair further behind them. Use different shaped balls for different possible scoring outcomes.
- If they score above a certain level, then next time, move the chair a bit further away.
Look for a two-handed follow through to the target.
For more on passing technique, look at: