It's all about doing the simple things, well. MORE
Defensive Principles of Play
Support in defence
Time: | Age groups: U12-U16, U17+
This class will help your players master the basic tactics and skills associated with Support, one of the Defensive Principles of Play.
Aims and outcomes
Players will understand:
- How support in defence fits into the principles of play
- What is meant by support in defence
- Different types to support in defence
- Tactics/ways to support in defence
The team will benefit from:
- Understanding why they focus on certain skills and tactics in training
- Knowing how to attack more effectively in a game situation
What you'll need
Different class types required different resources. This table sets out what we think you'll need in each scenario, but feel free to amend it if you find something that works for you.
|Lesson plan||Slides||Presentation notes||Handout||Online course||Quiz||Activities|
If you need to use or share the videos from the slides without sending out the whole presentation, you can find them below.Support in defence DPOP
When you've delivered the class you'll want to embed the learning with some practical activities. We recommend trying some or all of the activities below in your coaching sessions to put the theory into practice.