You have only 30 minutes to put together your scrum for your new rugby team's first game of the season. What can you realistically focus on in such a short time? MORE
Attacking Principles of Play
Time: 30 | Age groups: U12-U16, U17+
This class will help your players master the basic tactics and skills associated with Applying Pressure, one of the Attacking Principles of Play.
Aims and outcomes
Players will understand:
- How gaining possession fits into the principles of play
- What is meant by gaining possession
- Different types to gain possession
- Tactics/ways to gain possession
The team will benefit from:
- Understanding why they focus on certain skills and tactics in training
- Knowing how to attack more effectively in a game situation
What you'll need
Different class types required different resources. This table sets out what we think you'll need in each scenario, but feel free to amend it if you find something that works for you.
|Lesson plan||Slides||Presentation notes||Handout||Online course||Quiz||Activities|
If you need to use or share the videos from the slides without sending out the whole presentation, you can find them below.APOP-Gain possession
When you've delivered the class you'll want to embed the learning with some practical activities. We recommend trying some or all of the activities below in your coaching sessions to put the theory into practice.